Ways to Spend More Time Outdoors This Season
Read out tips for embracing nature this Spring.
Each year, so many of us look forward to spring, with its greening and flowering buds, as a sign of even longer days ahead. When it finally arrives, summer is the best reward for getting through winter (especially if you live in a cold climate!). After all, warm weather means spending more time outside—whether you live in the city or the country—and soaking up that Vitamin D.
In spite of all the anticipation, summer often slips away faster than we’d like. With that in mind, we’ve put together some tips for spending more time outdoors in the coming months, so you can get the most out of your backyard space, and out of the long days while we have them.
During the work week
If it’s nice out, it’s important to make time to get outside! Even though getting a break can be tough, soaking up even a little bit of sun if you’re able can have a positive impact on the rest of your day, and getting outside regardless of the weather is always a good thing.
- If you work from home, try factoring in time for a walk in your neighborhood, or, if you work in an office or urban environment, for an easy errand that involves walking, such as a trip to the post office.
- Take your lunch—or even your work—outdoors! Our Cape Adirondack Conversation Table is big enough for a laptop and work papers, a lunch spread, or afternoon tea.
- Unwind in your patio furniture at the end of the day. Share a drink with your partner or on your own in our Cape Classic Adirondack Chair. With its low-key vibe and choice of tropical colors, this chair will make it easy for you to relax into the evening.
- Made it to the end of the week? Congrats! Why not host an outdoor movie night? Set up a projector and outdoor seating in your backyard space, and put together some fun, movie-themed snacks. A few ideas: chocolate-y trail mix, Swedish fish, and of course, popcorn!
- Make a bonfire! Invite some friends over to help build the fire, and don’t forget the s’mores.
- If you’re not into bonfires or don’t have the right setup, host a smaller summer gathering—evening drinks, a casual cookout, or a twilight tea party.
- If your backyard space is private, why not bring the gym to your home? Practice yoga or stretch under a shady tree after a workout.
- Relax with a novel or the Sunday paper in our Riverside Rocking Chair. For coffee lovers, we suggest pairing this chair with one of our side tables for your morning cup.
- If you’re feeling ambitious or are up for longer-term weekend projects, think about building a bird feeder for your backyard, or planting a vegetable or flower garden. Projects that involve consistent attention are a great way to motivate yourself to get outside. Plus, they’ll add beauty and dimension to your living space.
Stargazing and yard games are two more easy ways to spend time outdoors, since they require little to no preparation or time commitment (beyond winning that cornhole game, that is!). Pick up a game after work or wander outside to look at the stars.
We at Bahia Verde are all about outdoor living. We love the smell of freshly cut grass, the feel of a breeze on our skin, and relaxing with family and friends.
Spend a little more time outside this season, and we think you will be, too!